Thursday, June 26, 2008

5 Thoughts On A Thursday: Turbo Edition

It's been awhile since I gave an update as to my happenings. I don't really have the time for a full report right now, but just so you know:

1) I owe several of you e-mails/essays/Facebook messages. They are coming. I haven't forgotten. Sorry for the delay.

2) The Cubs are a league best 33-9 at home this year. But when I go to see them, they're 0-2. I think that management is considering banning me from Wrigley Field.

3) I am currently in the midst of an intensive three week German language course. So if you see me and I start to you like this speaking, or I use words like Officefortheworklesspeopleoftherepublic, that's why. Entschuldigung Sie, bitte.

4) I'm done with this class in two weeks, and by that time I need to have a real job. So if any of you know of any job in the Chicago area that pays at least $30,000 a year, provides full insurance benefits, has flexible hours, does not require a car or any prior experience, and needs someone with a background in 19th Century philosophy with a remedial knowledge of French and German, let me know. I'm your man. Oh, and is OK with me leaving at any time to go back to graduate school.

5) Gratuitous Philosophy Quote:

"How fortunate I am, Meno! When I ask you for one virtue, you present me with a swarm of them, which are in your keeping. Suppose that I carry on the figure of the swarm, and ask of you, What is the nature of the bee? and you answer that there are many kinds of bees, and I reply: But do bees differ as bees, because there are many and different kinds of them; or are they not rather to be distinguished by some other quality, as for example beauty, size, or shape? How would you answer me?" - Socrates

No comments: