Thursday, September 25, 2008

5 (Quick) Thoughts on a Thursday

It's been awhile. I have been busy with the whole job search/ moving thing. But I have a minute now, so....

1) I almost got squirrelled yesterday. Yes, squirrelled. As in, a squirrel fell out of a tree and landed, oh, about a foot from my head. The little guy then got up, chattered angrily at me (as if it were my fault?) and then ran back up the tree. Oddly enough, this is not the first time that this has happened to me.

2) Thank you Little Sister for the George Bush Catnip Doll. Coraline loves it. And by loves it, I mean... that she sleeps with it under her paws, and likes to snuggle with it, and gets upset if you sit between it and her. In other words, she treats it like it's her baby. In fact, I think I've only seen her bite it once so far. Stupid Republican cat.

3) We're almost moved it now. We've been going to the thrift store down the street and buying things like laundry hampers and picture hangers. But our house still has a whole lot of empty space to fill. We even have an entire room (that use to be a small bedroom) that is housing a few cardboard boxes and extra coat-hangers. But as soon as those get put away, we'll take some pictures. Please be patient. Any day now.

4) I like Joe Biden:



I especially like that, while Obama seems to be a little skittish (and wishing he had some green tea, maybe?) Biden digs right in and starts chowing down on the artichoke dip. He's already seated at the table and helping himself, around 2:50 in the video. He even eats most of Obama's pretzel! Seriously, do they ever feed this guy? Come to my house, Joe! We'll give you all the fried food you could want!

5) "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." - Aristotle

No comments: