Friday, June 5, 2009

Late-Night Jungian Personality Test

I do this every once in a while. I think it's interesting how it changes over time; five years ago I used to be considerably higher in "judging" and lower in "perceiving."

Extroverted (E) 69.44% Introverted (I) 30.56%
Intuitive (N) 75% Sensing (S) 25%
Thinking (T) 56.41% Feeling (F) 43.59%
Perceiving (P) 63.64% Judging (J) 36.36%

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)


I also think it's interesting how big Jung is lately. At Open Court, we receive dozens of unsolicited manuscripts a month on Jung, about how he secretly predicted the end of the world, about how we're all coming towards a singularity in consciousness, about how Jungian psychoanalysis can make sense of Biblical texts, etc. I like Jung, don't get me wrong, but I guess I feel like he lends himself to being appropriated by kooks* and conspiracy-theorists a little too easily. Like those people behind "The Secret" and whatnot.

And Joseph Campbell. I feel like he is coming up all the time lately. Enough already with the archetypes! I get it! Neo is Jesus is Luke Skywalker!

* I initially wrote that as "cooks." Damn those cooks and conspiracy-theorists!

No comments: