Thursday, January 21, 2010

5 Thoughts On A Thursday

From the Desk of: Joel

1) Last week, I received an e-mail from Vice President Joe Biden that had the title, "We Want Our Money Back," and I was worried for a minute because I couldn't remember when exactly I had borrowed money from Joe Biden.

2) On a related note, sure it sucks that the Democrat Martha Coakley lost Ted Kennedy's old senate seat to Republican firebrand Scott Brown this week. But I tend to agree with the theory that the Democratic Party hasn't exactly been doing much to inspire any confidence in them on behalf of the electorate, and just maybe getting their asses handed to them in Massachusetts will light a fire under their asses and make them get their asses in gear. Because that's why they're asses.

3) In other words, I guess that I agree with Electoral-Vote.com when he says:

But probably the most fundamental reason for Coakley's loss is that the Democrats were elected in 2008 to provide change and failed to do it. When the banks collapsed due to their own recklessness, they were bailed out. When the auto industry came begging, it was bailed out. The health-insurance bill battle dragged on and on, in no small part because Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT) was desperate to get one Republican vote. For a lot of people, the Democrats care as little for them as the Republicans do and they were punished for that.
Also, as Gail Collins says, "On the one hand, the Republicans have a new superstar, Scott Brown, the senator-elect from Massachusetts. On the other, he’s already beginning to come off as a little strange."

4) My favorite pirate movies as of this moment:
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
2) Cutthroat Island
3) Captain Blood
4) Muppet Treasure Island
5) Pirates XXX*

5) Tim Curry playlist!








* I honestly have not seen this film, yet. I'm just more fascinated with the concept.

No comments: