Monday, November 3, 2008

Sometimes, It Is Worth The Effort

Me: Hello, my name is Joel, and I'm calling on behalf of the Obama campaign. May I please speak with Jane Doe?

Voter in Indiana: Yeah, that's me. Look, I wanna vote for Obama, but I've gotta work tomorrow, so I just can't vote. I just can't.

Me: Well, did you know that the polls in Indiana are open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm tomorrow?

Lady Who's Vote Just Might Matter: Oh... they're open until six? I thought they closed at five. I guess I can do that...

Me: Your nearest polling location is Lincoln Elementary School at 10 Main St. Do you know where that is?

Undecided Voter Who Has Been Leaning Obama For Awhile: Yeah... yeah, that's near here. I can get there after work. OK, I'll do that.

Me: Great. If you have any more questions, you can call the Obama Voter Hotline at 1-877-235-6226. (Real number).

One More Voter: OK, thanks very much. I'll do that. (click)

my.barackobama.com/call

No comments: