Friday, April 3, 2009

Will I Never Learn?

Homer:

1. n. an ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to about 1012 or later 1112 bushels or 100 United States gallons (378 liters)

2. n. 9th–8th? century b.c. Greek epic poet

3. v. to succeed despite idiocy.

3. n.
An apologist, fanatic, and staunch defender of a sports team or organization, usually from her local region, who is attached to that group with kamikaze-like loyalty.

I am currently in 14th place in my NCAA bracket. 14th out of 15. I'm still not out of the running, however, thanks to the "madness" of college basketball's betting format. In fact, I could still finish as high as third if North Carolina beats Villanova and then goes to beat Michigan St. in the final.

Of course, now that I've told you, it's not going to happen.

But how did I get to this dismal position to begin with? Well, it's got a lot to do with the fact that I had both Washington and UCLA in the Round of 8. And even though I don't have any Pac-10 teams in the Final Four, throughout my entire bracket I had them going 9-6, when in reality they went 6-6. And I even had Arizona losing in the first round.

On an entirely unrelated note, I finished dead last in my Fantasy Football league this year. Even though I had my team packed with 5 players from the Seattle Seahawks and 3 more from the San Francisco 49ers. I finished last even in spite of having Kurt Warner on my team, for Christ's sake!

But now the NBA is getting ready for the playoffs. I am totally psyched. The Trail Blazers are going to sweep the Rockets in the First Round and then upset the Lakers in 6 to get to the Conference Finals.

I guarantee it.

No comments: