Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Return From Hiatus?

So I dunno if six weeks has set some kind of "not-blogging" record or not, but, well, I didn't blog for, like, six weeks. I would feel bad, except that we're looking at Futurama right now on our brand new X-Box 360. Which is a much better waste of my time than blogging. But the last six weeks have been quite eventful, involving emergency back surgeries and whatnot, and if you're good, then maybe I'll tell you about it some time. I actually have been writing quite a lot in the interim, just in "journals" and "notebooks." But school is out during the summer, and so I have recently been the equivalent of unemployed, bringing back old memories of living in Roscoe Village and being really unemployed. So I guess that it was only a matter of time until I decided that I needed to start blogging again. But things have been nice lately; we watched Gregory Peck in Moby-Dick and in To Kill A Mockingbird! (I also think that I'll keep doing "Literary March Madness," even though it is now July. We could call it "Literary World Cup" instead!) I just finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which I liked more than I thought that I would. Now I'm reading Paul Farmer's Pathologies of Power, and a collection of Dostoyevsky's short stories. Summer reading!

Oh, and Robyn bought me a membership to the gym for my birthday, and on my first day, I found/stole a copy of Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions, which I read in, like, three days! (Robyn was sarcastically impressed with my reading acumen.)

No comments: