Thursday, November 5, 2009

Damn Yankees!

OK, so the damn Yankees finally one, I mean, won, a World Series. A-Rod gets his ring, Jeter gets his fifth ring, the new Yankee stadium gets inaugurated with a championship, blah, blah, blah. All pomp and circumstance as far as I'm concerned. And don't get me wrong, I always root against the Evil Empire, but tonight I realized something:

The last time that the Yankees won a World Series was October of 2000. That was right before the infamous Presidential Election of 2000, and the last Fall Classic before George W. Bush became president. Now, nine years later, the Yankees finally win another Series - in the first November after Bush has left office. So, if the moral of the story that one must sometimes choose between the lesser of two evils, and if my two evils are the Yankees winning the World Series or George Bush being president, then by God I would want the damn Yankees to win it every single year.

Still, you've got to sing:


No comments: